EagleEyes FPV Station
New to FPV? Please see our FPV overview page here.
The EagleEyesTM FPV Station integrates four of the main components you need for model airplane FPV on the ground, at a cost that's lower than many of the individual components presently available! New: now includes clear plastic case with removable top.
Our new EagleEyesTM FPV Station provides all of the following features:
* Receiver Diversity - when you connect two NTSC or PAL audio/video receivers (of any frequency), the EagleEyesTM picks the better signal at any given time, which can greatly reduce video fades and improve your FPV experience! A variety of diversity settings are configurable with the on-board switches and LED indicators.
* Antenna Tracking - Is your video transmitter suffering from low range? When coupled with our Vector OSD, the EagleEyesTM is the heart of a full-featured pan/tilt antenna tracker. Powerful, easy to use PC software and on-screen menus are provided for adjusting the EagleEyesTM to work flawlessly with the tracker of your choice. An exclusive to Eagle Tree, multiple pan points can be calibrated, resulting in greater panning accuracy even if your pan servos are somewhat nonlinear. The built-in regulator drives even large pan/tilt servos, with no need for an external BEC. ReadyMadeRC.com and electronicarc.com produce low cost, high quality trackers built especially for EagleEyesTM.
* Telemetry - When coupled with our Vector OSD, all Eagle Tree data (not just GPS position) are transmitted to your laptop, via your video transmitter and the EagleEyesTM USB port (separate USB cable required). Your model's flight can then be graphed and displayed with our powerful software, or visualized (either in real time or after your flight) with Google Earth! With the EagleEyesTM, telemetry is embedded invisibly in the video, rather than in the audio channel. We chose video telemetry because it is much more reliable and faster than audio telemetry, and audio telemetry takes up your audio channel, so you can't hear motor sounds, Vector voice prompts, etc.
* Four Channel A/V Distribution - Ever wish you had more video/audio outputs? The EagleEyesTM has four built-in outputs!
* Programmable Low Voltage Alarm - How is your ground station battery doing? Now you can program a low voltage alarm buzzer, which alerts you when your battery is below your chosen voltage. The buzzer can also be programmed to alert for other conditions, such as poor telemetry signal.
Go to our Videos tab for a video demonstration of the tracking function of the EagleEyes FPV Station, with the ReadyMadeRC.com pan/tilt tracker.
* Two video inputs -NTSC/PAL, using your video receivers of any frequency. Video Input 2 is adjustable to match Video Input 1. Note that only one input needs to be used, if you are not using the Diversity feature.
* Two audio inputs - Two monaural audio inputs are supported. Audio Input 2 is adjustable to match Audio Input 1. Note that only one input needs to be used, if you are not using the Diversity feature.
* Four A/V outputs - Four video outputs (75 ohm) and four "line level" audio outputs
* Power Input - Power input range approximately 6V to 14V. Barrel style power input with standard 2mm center pin.
* Two Servo Outputs for pan and tilt trackers - Unit is capable of delivering 5A burst output to drive even large pan/tilt servos.
* USB Port for connecting to PC, for live PC display of telemetry and firmware update. Note: A standard USB "Mini-B" cable is required for these features, but not included.
* Case Included - The EagleEyes now includes a clear plastic case. The case can be used with or without the top portion. The bottom portion includes "screw bosses" for rigidly mounting the EagleEyes to your ground station or tracker, and the top portion includes an internal snap mount for the PowerPanel LCD.
Height: Approx. 2.5 in
Width: Approx. 3 in
Length: Approx. 5 in
Mass: Approximately 78 grams
Weight: Approx. 7.5 oz